Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Black Morning Routine

Every morning after breakfast we read from two books - The Jesus Storybook Bible and My First Book of Questions and Answers.

The Jesus Storybook Bible is the best bible for children. Each story connects the truths of Scripture to Jesus, "the Rescuer." The illustrations in this book are fantastic. We cannot keep this book stocked on our book table at our church. As soon as we get a few they are sold.
Ben Patterson recently reviewed the book on Christianity Today. You are able to read the review here. You may purchase the book by clicking on the link below.

My 1st Book of Questions and Answers is the second book we read every morning after breakfast. This book is the 100+ questions of the catechism. Our eldest boys are at a prime age to remember such questions and answers and it is building in them a foundation of proper theology. They know the answers to such questions as Who made you? What else did God make? Why did God make all things? Who wrote the Bible? ...and so on.

If you have children under the age of 13 I would highly recommend these books. I am drawn to worship Jesus every morning as we read through The Jesus Storybook Bible and I am reminded of the truths of God as I hear my sons answer the questions to My 1st Book of Questions and Answers. Purchase both books at Amazon by clicking on the links below.

1 comment:

Staci Eastin said...

I like the Jesus Storybook Bible as well. I haven't seen the other book. Another book I've liked for younger kids is Leading Little Ones to God.