Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Ask" and "think" and yellow fever

This morning I read through the letter to the saints in Ephesus. I did quite a bit of underlining and note-taking but two words stood out to me this morning that haven't normally caught my eye. In Ephesians 3 Paul says -

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (3:20-21)

He is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask. I understand this because I don't ask God for much because I expect too little of him. He is able to do far more abundantly than all that we think. I can think of quite a bit. At times my mind runs wild. He is able to do far more abundantly than anything I can think. I was convicted of two things this morning. First, I don't expect much from God so I don't ask. Secondly, and to my shame, I don't think much of God. He is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think - according to the power at work within us - so to HIM be the GLORY! Forever! Amen.

Today I am taking my family to the capital city! It will be a fun outing. I will get a Yellow Fever vaccination. If that doesn't say "Happy Thanksgiving!" I don't know what does.

No comments: