Sunday, May 30, 2010

119 - pt. 2

This evening we will be discussing honesty (or truth-telling) from Matthew 5:33-37.  If you are a follower and learner of Christ then you must be marked by honesty.  You must be one who resists lying to others.  Your desire must be to tell the truth in all things.  We could all work on this area, eh?  

God's Word, on the other hand is always true.  Unlike His followers, every time He says "yes," He means yes.  Every time He says "no," He means no.  This evening we will continue our reading of the sections of Psalm 119.  Read this section and you will see that God's Word is trustworthy - even when we are not.

Psalm 119:9-16
BETH
How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
I have stored up your word in my heart, 
that I might not sin against you.  
Blessed are you, O LORD; 
teach me your statutes!
With my lips I declare 
all the rules of your mouth.
In the way of your testimonies I delight
as much as in all riches.  
I will meditate on your precepts
and fix my eyes on your ways.
I will delight in your statutes; 
I will not forget your word.

No comments: