Thursday, November 17, 2005

A way of escape

I am in Minneapolis for a conference. Last evening I went for a walk through the city with a friend. It was 18 degrees and the windchill made it something like a bagillion below. It was the kind of weather that made your skin hurt and snot run down your face unawares. We walked through the city streets for about an hour. We then remembered that Minneapolis has this hamster style maze through the buildings to provide a way of escape from the elements. The Skyway. It is an amazing system of indoor sidewalks. The return trip to our hotel was much nicer. I thought of hamsters as I walked. Then I thought of being a rat in a tunnel. Then I thought of Billy Corgan. Maybe he is right, I am still just a rat in a cage. I am in Minneapolis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your segues...Rat in a Cage just took me back to Union...NICE...